Can you believe how close we are to the end of the year? Incredible! In keeping with tradition, I’m reviewing my year in top five lists. Below you’ll find my favorite experiences, realizations, and discoveries this year. And of course, the much awaited winners of the Bug Photo Contest.
- Working on making my business more successful
- Falling in love with Joe
- Working on improving my cosmic powers
- Decreasing my medications drastically
- Developed lasting friendships with beautiful people
- “White Crosses” by Against Me!
- “Anthem” by Less Than Jake
- “I Get Wet” by Andrew W.K.
- “1989” by Taylor Swift
- “My Dinosaur Life” by Motion City Soundtrack
Songs (excluding above albums)
- “Strand Of Oaks” by Goshen 97
- “Into The Wild” by LP
- “7:30 AM” by Slothrust
- “Anytime” by Eve 6
- “San Francisco” by The Mowgli’s
Outfits + Accessories
Weird Things I Did
- Paint Fight
- Cardboard Tube Fight Tournament
- Floating Dance Party
- Birthday Balloon Release
- New Girl
- Broad City
- Garfunkel + Oates
- Drunk History
- Playing True American
- Taking burlesque classes
- Finding beer I actually like
- Finishing an art journal
- Having confetti rain down on me from the ceiling
Street Art Projects
- Scatter Kindness Like Confetti
- RIP Negativity
- Disposable Camera (Brooklyn)
- What Inspires You?
- Balloon Garden (Dog + Flower)
Photos I Took
- “Uncustomary” song from Carly
- 100 wishes from Michelle
- Having my car covered in confetti and balloons from April
- “Mary Stocking” from Joe
- Neon yellow plastic purse from Ashley
Blog Posts I Wrote
- PS – I’m Plus Size
- 100 Ways To Celebrate Life
- Be The Kind Of Adult You Want To Be
- 10 Things Before You Die
- Party Tips
- You’re magical, and it’s okay to embrace it and let your powers flourish.
- You don’t need to put up with any amount of disrespect. You deserve more.
- A healthy relationship is a balance of comfort, communication, honesty, and passion. It exists.
- You need a structure, so give yourself one and follow it, Mary.
- Deep and meaningful relationships with a small group of people is better than knowing a ton of people superficially.
- “When it’s time to party, we will party hard.” – Andrew W.K.
- “This is my experience, and I am in love with it.” – Michelle Swetnam
- “I live a little bit on the seat of my pants, I try to be alert and available. I try to be available for life to happen to me. We’re in this life, and if you’re not available, the sort of ordinary time goes part and you didn’t live it. But if you’re available, life gets huge. You’re really living it.” – Bill Murray
- “I know I will be judged by all those who are to watch, and compared. But my lesson is this: I don’t give a shit. You cannot let a fear of failure, or a fear of comparison, or a fear of judgment stop you from doing what’s going to make you great. You cannot succeed without this risk of failure. You cannot have a voice without the risk of criticism. And you cannot love without the risk of loss.” – Charlie Day
- “I don’t work. I only know how to have fun every day.” – Bill Cunningham