Looking through my Happy Journal, blog posts, photos, and memories every December is really cathartic. It helps remind me that I really did accomplish a lot these past twelve months, even if it doesn’t always feel like it. This year was different because instead of a lot of little things like normal, I spent almost half of it working on much bigger projects. These projects are important and are going to pay off in the long run, but I’m just not used to dedicating so much of my time to one specific thing.
Anyway, here are my Top 5 Lists of 2015. Each year the categories vary slightly, but the gist is the same. (And yes, I know there are still two weeks left of the year, and if something bumps another experience out of the water in that time, I will definitely update the lists.) I’d love you to link over to any similar posts you’ve written or share thoughts in the comments, including what your favorite thing I did this year was!
1. Writing a book and getting it published
2. Making an e-course
3. Mail art show at the World Trade Center
4. Working with We Love Colors
5. One year with Joe
1. Playa Del Fuego (x2) – Delaware
2. PEX Heartburn – Philadelphia
3. Tubing/Camping – West Virigina
4. We Love Colors- Miami
5. Rehoboth Beach
1. “Far” by Regina Spektor
2. “Waiting For The Dawn” by The Mowgli’s
3. “On The Impossible Past” by The Menzingers
4. “The Head And The Heart” by The Head And The Heart
5. “Transgender Dysphoria Blues” by Against Me!
1. “Ways To Go” by Grouplove
2. “The Wolf” by Mumford & Sons
3. “Until We Get There” by Lucius
4. “T.S.R.” by Against Me!
5. “Aside” by The Weakerthans
1. Don’t Trust The B In Apartment 23
2. Black Books
4. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
5. Wet Hot American Summer
Photos I Took
1. “The Comeback Kid” – John Mulaney
2. “Right Here Right Now” – Russell Howard
3. “Completely Normal” – Tom Segura
4. “Messiah Complex” – Russel Brand
5. “Live At The Apollo” – Amy Schumer
1. Seeing Against Me! live
2. Being in a studio audience
3. Cooking meals that don’t kill anyone
4. Writing in wet cement
5. Trying EFT
1. Monarch Workshop
2. BlogU Conference
3. Baltimore Protests
4. Playa Del Fuego (Spring)
5. Bubble Parade
1. Mermaid necklace from Joe
2. Flower bouquets from Cristen
3. “You’re Awesome” book from Ashley
4. Do What Makes You Happy bouquet from April
5. My dad doing post offices runs for me
1. Puzzle Art Project
2. Dress The Rainbow
3. Street Art Puns
4. Installation/Interview With Strangers With Style
5. Yarnbombing Installation
1. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
2. Radical Self Love by Gala Darling
3. Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham
4. Inside Out by Anastasia Amour
5. #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
Blog Posts I Wrote
1. How To Be Happy
2. Why Having A Positive Attitude Isn’t Bullshit
3. We’re All Just Kids In Adult Costumes
4. Rainbow Doors In Baltimore
5. Positive Catcalling
1. Standing on top of the Love Tower with Joe, overlooking the playa
2. Cristen taking her inhaler through my unicorn mask
3. Someone saying they were “fangirling” over me
4. Getting to 2,000 likes on Facebook just before the clock struck midnight on my birthday
5. Watching Ashley meet Bixby for the first time
1. Getting up early is important, but I’ll never enjoy it.
2. Taking medication or having mental health setbacks doesn’t make me a failure or fraud.
3. Moderation is key, but going head over heels is often necessary.
4. Having a business is hard as fuck and I have no idea how people become successful.
5. The stigma with drugs, as is with almost everything, is overhyped.
Photos Of Me
And I’ve got my 2015 Compilation Video for you, too! I hope you enjoy.
What were some of your Top 5 favorite things from 2015?
This entire post, especially the video and song, was ridiculously fun.
YOU HAVE TO TELL ME IF YOU DO THE BEFORE I DIE WALL INSTALLATION NEXT MONTH! I will FOR SURE drive an hour north to help with it!!
I seriously doubt I’m going to be able to do it in January with everything that’s going on, but I might be able to do it in March. I will let you know either way! 🙂
You make me smile, have a lovely Christmas and New Years XXX
Your comments make me smile! You too!!
Hah, these songs are amazing 🙂 Happy New Year and Merry Christmass
Thanks! You too, Anastasia!
You have the greatest posts, I always look forward to reading them.
Aw, thank you so much, Jodi! You’re so sweet.
Don’t Trust The B In Apartment 23 is a great show!
I totally agree. My friend, Cristen, pointed it out to me earlier this year and I immediately fell in love.
I love this. Would you mind if I used this as inspiration for a post please Mary?
Of course not, Hayley! Have at it!
Awesome thanks! Happy new year 🙂