Stress is something that affects everyone, and it always will. There are ‘good’ and ‘bad’ types of stress (getting a new job, a loved one dying) that pop up across our life span. Stress, contrast, adversity. Whatever you want to call it. Every day we have to deal with things like traffic jams, rude people (pssst – check out this resource for dealing with internet trolls!), and trying to fit everything into a twenty-four hour period. These elements aren’t going to change, so the best thing to do is to make time for managing and reducing your stress as well as preparing for it and practicing self-care!
Eventually, if you practice enough stress management, you will be better equipped to handle stressful situations. Things that may have once sent you into an anxiety attack might roll off your shoulder like water on a duck’s back. (Ducks are so hot right now!)
Did you know that November 3rd is the unusual holiday Stress Awareness Day?
Be sure to check out my Relive Anxiety E-Course which offers 18 ways to reduce anxiety including meditations, worksheets, positive affirmations, and so much more!
- Lie in a hammock
- Take a bubble bath
- Do a guided meditation
- Get a pedicure
- Take a leisurely walk
- Do some deep breathing exercises
- Do some self massage
- Arrange flowers you bought yourself
- Make a sand, snow, or carpet angel
- Draw or color in a mandala
- Swing at a playground
- Eat a comfort food
- Watch your favorite comedy show
- Write a stream of consciousness for eight minutes straight
- Have sex
- Brainstorm solutions for a friend’s problem
- Perform a tedious task that you don’t have to think about
- Do some basic stretches
- Snuggle with an animal
- Dance naked
- Take a drive down a windy road
- Sing loudly in the shower
- Take yourself on a date
- Watch funny internet videos and gifs
- Tackle one of those piles of things to do and get some relief
- Make a list of ideas on how to reduce stress
- Read a book
- Take a nap
- Sunbathe to soak in that Vitamin D
- Collect something in nature
- Plan ahead
- Release the idea that you can control other people
- Play outside with sidewalk chalk
- Make some art
- Visit a place where you feel safe
- Hula hoop
- Make a mood/inspiration board
- Call your best friend
- Jump rope
- Write a mantra for yourself
- Jump on a trampoline
- Read stories of kindness that will restore your faith in humanity
- Do some decluttering
- Get a foot rub
- Try a new cocktail complete with a mini umbrella
- Use a mood lamp
- Scream into a pillow
- Punch something soft or do martial arts (even if it’s just like this)
- Put your toes in some sand
- Quit smoking, and consider taking up vaping instead.
- Eat a popsicle or ice cream cone (bonus points if its from an ice cream truck)
- Read a story to your pet
- Do cardio past your normal comfort zone
- Go to a museum, zoo, or aquarium
- Go to a store just to smell all the candles and lotions
- Write down a list of everything stressing you out
- Have a cleansing bonfire where you burn things symbolically
- Smudge your house or yourself
- Write a letter to yourself in the future, congratulating them on being so awesome
- Decide the next thing you want to accomplish
- Look up silly puns and jokes
- Twirl in a meadow
- Have a silly photoshoot
- Write some lyrics/a poem
- Do a little (responsible) retail therapy
- Make yourself an award for being wonderful
- Watch stand up comedy
- Make a wish in a fountain, on a dandelion, or at 11:11
- Play with mixing paint colors
- Buy some glowsticks and have a dark dance party
- Pay someone to do something for you that you don’t want to do
- Try tapping (EFT)
- Smile for sixty seconds
- Write a message in dirt, sand, etc.
- Pour sequins, confetti, or glitter all over yourself or living space
- Dive into Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration from artists
- Play some percussion (chopsticks on a table, drum circle, hands on lap)
- Wear an absurd hat
- Write how you feel in your journal
- Try CBD products (CBD Gummies are a great choice!)
- Take a walk with your camera
- Play dress up
- Take a drive in a convertible
- Do something eccentric
- Play some arcade or video games
- Change your hair color or style
- Slide down a slide or railing
- Wear a fake mustache
- Pour your favorite drink in a fancy glass and sip it in the shade
- Laughter yoga
- Say no to things that overwhelm you
- Cool it on the sugar and caffeine halfway through the day
- Cut negative people out of your life
- Eat nutritious foods
- Pay attention to your five senses
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Give yourself breaks during the day (and actually take your lunch break)
- Take your bra off
Want a list of 50 ways to relax? Click through for your free printable!
What do you do to reduce and manage your stress?
PS – Did you know I made you a FREE e-course on gratitude?
#63: Twirl in a meadow. Absolutely.
Good idea to bookmark! And I can totally see you twirling in a meadow.
“Take your bra off”, talk about saving the best for last!
Haha, I stand by the idea that if we could bottle that feeling we could end war!
YES, this rocks! 🙂
Thanks Kamila!! I hope it’s useful. 🙂
I’m so glad I found this! I’m really stressed out right now and will be following some of these tips to reduce stress. Thanks for sharing this! I find this really helpful.
Quit smoking, and consider taking up vaping instead, I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing valuable information!
Great tips to get rid stress.