Thoughts and words have power; maybe more than we want to admit (or even realize we can admit). Saying sentences out loud over and over might seem insane, but it can actually be one of the best steps in our journey of self-love because we’re putting what we want out into the universe. Our future is being dictated by our thoughts and spoken words.
Write your affirmations in your journal, on sticky notes to post around your house, or on your mirror with a dry erase marker. Speak them aloud to yourself as you drive in your car or softly as you lull yourself to sleep. It doesn’t matter how you do it or when you do it, what matters is THAT you do it.
So if you want to love your body more, if you want to keep this body positivity train going, add some affirmations to your routine! There are twenty-five below, and you can find twenty-five more in my Body Positivity E-Course.
25 Body Positive Affirmations
1. I love and accept myself unconditionally.
2. My tough times are only a short phase.
3. I sparkle brighter than the stars.
4. I speak to myself with kindness.
5. I am happy in my own skin and in my own circumstances.
6. My self-esteem is high because I honor who I am.
7. I love every cell of my body.
8. I have no right to compare myself to anyone.
9. I give up the habit to criticize myself.
10. My body deserves love and respect.
11. I adopt the mindset to praise myself.
12. My body is a gift.
13. I celebrate all my flaws.
14. I love my body as it is today.
15. A perfect body is one that works.
16. I am grateful for my healthy body.
17. I choose healthy living over dieting and food restriction.
18. My body takes me everywhere easily and effortlessly.
19. I thank food for nourishing me (it’s not my enemy).
20. My needs are just as important as anyone else’s.
21. I am beautiful and smart, and that is how everyone sees me.
22. I am not defined by my weight.
23. I appreciate all the wonderful things my body can do.
24. Body positivity is for all races, ages, genders, and body types.
25. I challenge societal norms and preconceived notions of beauty.
Need more inspiration?