This weekend I headed back up to Connecticut to attend and work at Monarch Workshop. It’s a pretty fabulous event that’s only happened three times so far, so you wouldn’t expect them to have their shit together so well, but they do. The Dream Team puts together a fun and inspiring weekend for its 75 participants full of activities, education, speakers, yoga, freebies, networking, and entertainment. I wrote more about my first experience here if you’re curious.
As excellent of a time as I had, I’m very glad to be home in Baltimore again. I have lots of work to do! There are exciting things ahead and I can’t wait to share them with you. In the mean time, you should make sure you’re subscribed to my newsletter for exclusive updates (there’s another one coming today)!
Do you have plans for Halloween this weekend? I’m so jazzed it’s on a Saturday this year. Share what you’re doing/dressing as in the comments, please! I want to know. And if you need a fabulous Halloween playlist, check this one out.
Here are some things on my happiness list this week:
1. Seeing Sarah, and taking tons of photobooth pics
2. The new paint job on this wall
3. The decor in The Confetti Bar
4. How Bug likes to participate in video conferences
5. Being excited for Halloweeen
6. Sitting in the biggest chair ever with Joe
7. Being in a place for the weekend where confetti is encouraged
8. Piles of pumpkins
9. Clear jellies, confetti explosions, colorful tights
10. Giant scarecrows on the side of the road in New Jersey
And I’ve got another giveaway for you today! A chance to win $200 to Target. Enter below:
Another awesome goody from Monarch is this slow motion video photobooth. I come in around 1:35 and my cupcake awesomeness is spread out over three segments. It’s awkward and vaguely sexual.