Quotes are great tools to store in our back pocket. Words have a lot of power, and sometimes we realize we couldn’t convey a message any better ourselves. I rounded up thirty of my favorite quotes about self love for you to look through, bookmark, or start using in your daily life. Write them on sticky notes, copy them in your journal, or share them with the world via sidewalk chalk.
30 Quotes About Self Love
1. “Self respect, self worth and self love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value.” – Rob Liano
2. “Self love is the source of all other loves.” – Pierre Corneille
3. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
4. “All I can do is be me, whoever that is.” – Bob Dylan
5. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
6. “When nobody celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.” – Joel Osteen
7. Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” – Aberjhani
8. “Every decision I make is the right decision for me.” – Louise Hay
9.“The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.” – Steve Maraboli
10. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
11. “As you build trust in yourself, your ability to expand your vision and fully live in your magnificence is amplified.” – Miranda J. Barrett
12. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” – Tyra Banks
14. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit.” – Earth Kitt
15. “Self love is the source of all our other loves.” – Pierre Corneille
16. “I think the most important thing in life is self-love, because if you don’t have self-love, and respect for everything about your own body, your own soul, your own capsule, then how can you have an authentic relationship with anyone else?” – Shailene Woodley
17. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” – Buddha
18. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
19. “It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.” – W.C. Fields
20. “Remember to delight yourself first, then others can be truly delighted.” – SARK
21. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
22. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
23. “Your value does not decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” – Unknown
24. “Your radiance is immeasurable.” – Anastasia Amour
25. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
26. “To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.” – Sister Mary Lauretta
27. “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self image at first. Finally it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” – Queen Latifah
28. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. ” – M. Scott Peck
29. “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” – Thaddeus Golas
30. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It is sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
Can’t get enough? I’ve got 11 more quotes about self love for you, including two images!
What’s your favorite from my list? Any you’d like to add to the list? Also check out these 10 Depression Quotes! Share in the comments!
Want even more tips, tricks, and support with your journey of self love? Treat yourself to my e-course, Self Love: The Key To Happiness.
These are so powerful. I especially loved 4, 12 and 18, but I found 28 to be most poignant to hear right now. Thank you, Mary!!
I love this! I have a post about my favourite self-love posts scheduled for the new year and I’ve loved seeing that we share some in common but you’ve introduced me to so many new ones too. xx
Aw yay! That’s what’s great about these round up lists because you always get introduced to at least one thing new, even if you’re an expert! 🙂
great post with great quotes. really needed this!
Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it. 🙂
hi, i have one more self-love quote for you…“You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.” ~Brene Brown i would like to post all of these all around my house!
Great one! Brené Brown is a professional bad ass!
I agree with every factor that you have pointed out. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts on this. Check This out –> Self Love: The Secret to a Beautiful Life