What You Should Know When Starting To Use CBD
The use of CBD (Cannabidiol) has been widely popular and gaining momentum these days. Unfortunately, only a few know about the benefits of CBD and how it works in the body. If you’re looking for more information about this product, you come into the right place for this is the ultimate beginner’s guide to CBD.
Benefits of CBD
CBD is a chemical compound that naturally occurs in the cannabis plant and has been found to provide great benefits for humans use. Hence, if you’re thinking about what does CBD do, do note that CBD is believed to have numerous health benefits.
Listed below are some of the claimed benefits of CBD: al
- Relieves pain
- Reduce anxiety & depression
- Alleviate cancer-related symptoms
- Reduce acne
- Relieve nausea
- Helps with insomnia/sleep disorders
- Increase appetite
- Reduce inflammation
- Lower cholesterol
Types of CBD
There are different types of CBD, including ‘Full-spectrum,’ ‘Broad-spectrum,’ and ‘Isolates.’ The full spectrum contains CBD, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), Flavonoids, and Terpenes. The Broad Spectrum includes everything with a full-spectrum except for THC. Lastly, Isolates only include CBD.
Here’s a closer look at the ingredients:
- THC is responsible for the psychological effects of cannabinol. THC helps stimulate cells in the body that releases dopamine, which is responsible for controlling our ability to think and plan. It helps people find focus, strive, and find things interesting. Dopamine is naturally produced by the body and, with THC, it helps increase the amount in your system.
- Flavonoids are common with plants that are responsible for enhancing their colors, scents, and flavors. Along with this, they help with the protection and reproduction of plants. As for human health, flavonoids have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anti-cancer effects.
- Terpenes are responsible for the flavors and aroma of the CBD. This is what makes consuming CBD a lot more bearable.
When you start looking into the different types of CBD, you’ll be surprised by how many different options you have. Some people choose to use a mixture of different types, while others choose to stay with one specific type of product. It all comes down to your personal preferences, as well as the type of strain or plant you’re trying to get CBD from.
Forms of CBD
Having to learn about the benefits of CBD might catch your interest. While they provide great deals for your body, CBD comes in different forms, too, giving you options on how you can use it for your benefit.
CBD can be marketed as:
- CBD Oil – This is the most basic and common product of CBD. CBD oil can be consumed by adding a few drops to your food, mix it with your drink, or placed it under your tongue. Since it’s said to help with acne problems, there’s wide use of CBD oil that can be beneficial for the body and face.
- CBD Topical – This form of CBD is basically a bay salve, cream, or lotion that’s infused with CBD and is applied directly to the skin. This can also be used as a massage oil to relieve any stress and gain benefits from the CBD itself.
This helps relieve pain, inflammations, rashes, and allergies. Check out this article on how CBD can help your allergies. The use of CBD topicals may only be beneficial with the exterior of your skin and don’t expect it too much with other internal health benefits, such as alleviating anxiety.
- CBD Edibles – Many companies manufacture CBD into edibles, allowing you to munch on them if you don’t like the feeling of oil in your mouth. They usually produce cookies, brownies, gummies, and gum.
- CBD Pills and Capsules – If you prefer to take them as how you would regularly take medicines, CBD also comes in a pill and capsule form that you can swallow with the help of water.
- CBD Vape – A more popular way of consuming CBD is through vaping. Rather than passing through your gut and liver, vaping works by allowing the CBD to enter your lungs and diffuse it directly to your bloodstream. With this, you’re eliminating the first-pass effect, allowing the CBD to enter your circulation much better.
You can take this as how you’ll be taking your e-cigarettes. However, for safety, this should be done for those who have vaping experience.
Different people can freely choose their different ways of taking CBD. Just make sure that you’re consuming the right amount and you’re purchasing from authorized sellers.
You should know how much CBD to consume. Remember, CBD is designed for medical purposes and not for you to have fun.
When taking CBD, you should consult with your doctor if you’re consuming them for medical reasons so that they’ll be able to advise on how many you should take per day and for how long.
If you’ve decided to take them for yourself, you should check the product label for proper guidelines. Normally, experts recommend a dosage between 40 to 1,500 milligrams a day. However, if you’re just starting and had no history of taking CBD at all, you should only consume a few amounts to see the effect on your body, then gradually increase over time.
Be Careful Buying Online
Currently, CBD is not yet regulated by the FDA. If the manufacturer has mentioned a strong claim of fully healing you from an illness, be extra careful as CBD has no claims for it yet. You should purchase from reputable companies that provide an honest description of their products.
Also, when buying online, make sure that you’re purchasing CBD and not hemp seed oil as those things are not the same. Lastly, CBD is relatively expensive, so if you see a suspiciously cheap product, be on the lookout as they might be hemp seed oil knock-off.
While CBD offers a ton of benefits for the body, it should be noted that CBD isn’t a cure but a supplement that could help you feel better. You could play along with which type of CBD would work best for you to maximize its benefits to your body. However, if you suspect that you’re suffering from an illness, it’s recommended that you consult with your doctor for a better diagnosis and treatment.
To prevent a possible problem from arising, you should always purchase CBD with precaution. Along with this, you should also take CBD moderately. Just because it’s safe to use and you don’t overdose, doesn’t mean that you should go overboard. Lastly, with full-spectrum CBD, there’s a possibility that you could get high. So, always take this with responsibility.