One of the most common questions I get asked is how to get out of a bad mood. What is a bad mood anyway? We want to feel happy all the time, but that’s simply not realistic!
Ideally we want to embrace and process all our emotions, but if you’re looking to turn that frown upside down, here are 15 ways to get out of a bad mood. I’ve divided the list into two categories: physical and emotional/mental.
Physical Ways To Get Out Of A Bad Mood
- Practice deep breathing – try to figure out which nostril you breath out of most of the time (your dominant nostril) and then actively try to breath out of your non-dominant one
- Put your legs up against the wall – this has the benefits of an inversion with very little effort, reducing stagnant fluids, relieving sore muscles, & calming your nervous system
- Go outside barefoot – it’s actually called Earthing!
- Jump on a trampoline – a great investment or activity for the day (wear loose clothing, no bra, and it will promote your lymphatic system)
- Roll your tongue clockwise – push it against the front of your mouth for 30-60 seconds (Kundalini technique for releasing anxiety)
- Put your hand on your heart – this releases the love hormone Oxytocin
- Drink water – you might have a headache from simply not having your basic needs met!
- Engage in physical contact – snuggling, hugs, or self-massage
Emotional/Mental Ways To Get Out Of A Bad Mood
- Cry it out, don’t let it build up – Here are 20 Ways To Express Anger & Fear In Healthy Ways
- Watch a feel-good movie – want some ideas? Here’s a list!
- Demonstrate gratitude – Set a time for 60 seconds and see how many things you can write out that you’re grateful for
- Meditate with four fingers on your pulse – breathe to the rhythm of your pulse and use the mantra “Sat Nam”
- Use EFT/Tapping – to work through emotional blocks (check out my YouTube channel for free videos)
- Draw a heart on your face – use lipstick Topanga style and dance around the room
- Take a drive with music – or ask someone else to drive you if you don’t have a car or aren’t feeling safe to drive
Like these tips? Get way more every week, plus instant access to the archives in my Uncustomary Babes Membership Group!
Click below to get your FREE printable of 100 Ways To Celebrate Life!
Graphic designed by: Joe Dissolvo