Happy almost Christmas! I’m not Christian, or religious in any way, but I still celebrate Christmas. I don’t have a good reason why, but I really enjoy giving gifts and the customs that accompany the holiday even without the religious aspects. I enjoy the sense of giving, generosity, and hospitality despite the greed and rushed tendencies of the public in the last days leading up to the 25th.
Recently, I got to attend April’s annual Christmas party. It’s truly the best party of the year in the world of all time. Her parties are elaborate celebrations with surprises every five minutes. This year, it was 80’s themed, and she turned her basement into a black-lit neon wonderland. I’m so incredibly lucky to be on her guest list, and I wish I could invite everyone in the world to experience what I get to. She’s a remarkable human being.
That said, this week’s happiness version is Christmas themed. I hope you have a good week with whatever your plans are, hopefully you get some rest! Take care of yourself, gorgeous.
Here are some things on my happiness list this week:
1. Bright neon black-light basement
2. Yearly photo with Santa and Charlotte
3. Nightmare Before Christmas decorations in Hampden
4. Getting dressed up with Joe
5. The Tin Can Company’s take on Christmas decorations
6. Awkward photo of me with “Baltimore’s Characters”
7. The tights I dyed myself at We Love Colors and waited till now to wear as a gift to myself
8. Confetti Bar
9. Godzilla balloon monster fighting a break dancer
10. Giant candy cane balloon
What’s on your happiness list this week?
PS – Don’t forget to check out my e-course on self love! It’s on sale now and would make the perfect present to yourself.