50 Things To Tell Your Penpal
I’m obviously a huge fan of snail mail. I think it’s a fantastic way to interact and connect with other people. I’ve found that I’m much more likely to relate with someone I meet through the mail than someone I meet in person, just because the internet has tailored our ability to find like-minded people. The thing is, some people are intimidated by contacting a stranger. This is completely understandable, but today I’m going to give you some suggestions of things to talk about in your postcards and letters.
I’ve received an enormous amount of introductory letters that state something to the effect of “I don’t ever know what to write in an introduction about myself!” You can use any combination of the 50 suggestions below to give your penpal a better idea about who you are. It’s all about sharing and connecting! And if you’re really not a snail mail person, remember there’s nothing wrong with utilizing the internet for fostering connections! Check out the benefits of joining a chatroom to find your tribe!
Stay till the end to get a free mail log printable!
- States and countries you’ve been to
- People you’d invite to a celebrity dinner
- Your family members, and something they each like and dislike
- What you’d put in a time capsule
- Parts of society that you’d like to change
- Things you’re really good at
- Everything you’ve eaten in the past twenty-four hours
- Things that you do every day
- Your favorite TV shows, movies, bands, or books
- The things you’ve dressed up as for past Halloweens
- Unusual facts about you
- Things that make you happy
- Your duties at work
- What you’re currently seeing, smelling, hearing, tasting, and feeling
- What you collect
- Goals lists for this month or year
- Times you’ve performed for other people
- Awards you’ve won
- Nicknames you’ve had (and how you got them)
- Sports you’ve played and/or hobbies you’ve had
- Your favorite color
- Your favorite cuisine
- Your favorite beverages
- Your favorite season
- Your favorite word
- Your favorite number
- Your favorite holiday
- Your favorite quote
- Your favorite blog
- Your favorite superhero
- Your favorite Disney movie
- The type of letters/mail you like to receive
- The most adventurous thing you ever did
- Your preferences: hot vs. cold, cats vs. dogs, ketchup vs. mustard, etc.
- Whether you believe in god, ghosts, aliens, and/or magic
- Your main mode of transportation
- How tall you are
- When your birthday is
- The last movie you saw in theaters (and how it was)
- How you would describe your fashion style
- Your life story in six words
- What shoes you wear the most of
- Any fears you have
- What you were like in high school
- Weird/awkward dates you’ve been on
- Something illegal you’ve done
- Why you like mail and how you got into it
- The silliest thing you did in the past week
- What you would wish for right now
- Something funny or cute your pet did
Get a FREE envelope template, tutorial, and other snail mail freebies!
Bonus! Want a free printable to keep track of your incoming and outgoing mail?
Want even more snail mail related images and inspiration? Follow my Pinterest board!
Follow Uncustomary | Self Love + Creativity’s board Snail Mail on Pinterest.
Photo credit: Lisa Rowan