Top 5 Lists Of 2015 + My Compilation Video
Looking through my Happy Journal, blog posts, photos, and memories every December is really cathartic. It helps remind me that I really did accomplish a lot these past twelve months, even if it doesn’t always feel like it. This year was different because instead of a lot of little things like normal, I spent almost half of it working on much bigger projects. These projects are important and are going to pay off in the long run, but I’m just not used to dedicating so much of my time to one specific thing.
Anyway, here are my Top 5 Lists of 2015. Each year the categories vary slightly, but the gist is the same. (And yes, I know there are still two weeks left of the year, and if something bumps another experience out of the water in that time, I will definitely update the lists.) I’d love you to link over to any similar posts you’ve written or share thoughts in the comments, including what your favorite thing I did this year was!
1. “Far” by Regina Spektor
2. “Waiting For The Dawn” by The Mowgli’s
3. “On The Impossible Past” by The Menzingers
4. “The Head And The Heart” by The Head And The Heart
5. “Transgender Dysphoria Blues” by Against Me!
1. Don’t Trust The B In Apartment 23
2. Black Books
4. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
5. Wet Hot American Summer
Photos I Took
1. “The Comeback Kid” – John Mulaney
2. “Right Here Right Now” – Russell Howard
3. “Completely Normal” – Tom Segura
4. “Messiah Complex” – Russel Brand
5. “Live At The Apollo” – Amy Schumer
1. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
2. Radical Self Love by Gala Darling
3. Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham
4. Inside Out by Anastasia Amour
5. #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
Blog Posts I Wrote
1. Standing on top of the Love Tower with Joe, overlooking the playa
2. Cristen taking her inhaler through my unicorn mask
3. Someone saying they were “fangirling” over me
4. Getting to 2,000 likes on Facebook just before the clock struck midnight on my birthday
5. Watching Ashley meet Bixby for the first time
1. Getting up early is important, but I’ll never enjoy it.
2. Taking medication or having mental health setbacks doesn’t make me a failure or fraud.
3. Moderation is key, but going head over heels is often necessary.
4. Having a business is hard as fuck and I have no idea how people become successful.
5. The stigma with drugs, as is with almost everything, is overhyped.
Photos Of Me
And I’ve got my 2015 Compilation Video for you, too! I hope you enjoy.
What were some of your Top 5 favorite things from 2015?