Every year on June 27, whether you observe it or not, it’s Sunglasses Day! With my terrible eyesight, astigmatism, and general lack of skill with inserting contacts into my eyes, I very rarely wear sunglasses. I’ve gotten prescription sunglasses a few times in my life, but they never have amazing sunglasses like these ones from Paper Source!! If these daisy goggles let me see in 20/20 vision, I’d be blocking out the sun in style all DAY (*Schmidt voice*).
I won’t lie to you, I’m definitely jealous of people with naturally good vision or the ability to easily wear contacts who can have extensive sunglasses collections since I can only wear them in really specific situations, like once I’m already sitting, or in the passenger seat of a car. I’m going to get rich and have optometrists change out the lenses of these glasses to match my prescription. That seems to be the answer, right?
10 Ways To Celebrate Sunglasses Day
1. Spend the day outdoors on an adventure, giving yourself a reason to wear sunglasses
2. Get your eyes checked (and order prescription sunglasses if you need them so you’re super safe!)
3. Answer the question of if you fit the statistic that people born between 1965 and 1980 wear sunglasses more than anyone else
4. Make a sunglasses sun catcher craft
5. Listen to songs about sunglasses, but don’t pull a Corey Hart and wear your sunglasses at night
6. Splurge on a pair of prism/rainbow/kaleidoscope sunglasses that will totally alter the way you view the world
7. Post a selfie of you in sunglasses with the hashtag #SunglassesSelfie and/or #NationalSunglassesDay
8. Purchase an accessory for your sunglasses like a pouch or a chain
9. Get a cheap pair of sunglasses and spruce them up with a DIY like drawing, painting, or gluing on charms
10. Bone up on some useless sunglasses trivia
Do you have a favorite pair of sunglasses or a favorite place to get sunglasses? I’d love to see a picture of you in your fav shades! Send it to me on Instagram or if you’re an official Uncustomary Babe, share it in the support group!
Photos by: Maura Housley