25 Ways To Celebrate Virgo Season
I’ve kind of been saving most of my magic/witchy/moon/astrology stuff for the Uncustomary Babes group and my Instagram posts, but I figure there’s no reason I can’t share it here, too! If you’re already interested, extra resources! If you’re curious, take a peek! If you hate it, skip it! Super simple.
Even if you’re shy to astrology, I think this monthly checklist series, a bucket list of sorts, can be helpful to get you to focus on different areas of your life and maintain that balance year-round. And hey– if magical cosmos are in your favor and helping you along the way, who are you to complain?
We’ve officially moved out of Leo Season and into Virgo Season (talking about Sun signs). Virgo is an Earth sign, ruled by Mercury (communication!). Virgos tend to have great work ethics, find a lot of ease and calm in keeping things organized/orderly, and are pretty great at taking care of their health. They’re also at making money, expressing who they are, and nurturing other people/being selfless. They’re going to show up for you when they say they will, tell you what they mean, and hold you accountable. I love them. (If you didn’t know, Beyoncé is a Virgo. Enough said?)
Keeping that in mind, this is a pretty great season to get your life in order and set yourself up for being an even bigger bad ass than you already are for the rest of the year. It’s just beginning! (Wonder why back to school shopping feels so good right about now? Because Virgo energy loves a clean new notebook to write goals, plans, and thoughts down in.) Let’s take a look at some ways to make the most of the Virgo Season!
25 Ways To Celebrate Virgo Season
1. Start a new healthy activity (yoga, walking, fresh smoothie every morning, vitamins)!
2. Get a new notebook (back to school shopping!) and start to list anything and everything you can think of from what you ate that day to what you’re grateful for to your goals for this month to how you made money this month to ways you can use a pencil to all the emotions you felt that day to what you want to buy at the store to what you need to purge in your apartment…
3. Re-organize your office and/or living space – DECLUTTER, go to town with rearranging furniture, trinkets, decorations, and don’t skip the cleaning! Dust, vacuum, use air purifiers, the works…
4. Try to acknowledge when you’re feeling judgmental and/or critical and take a step back from the situation and assess why you’re feeling this way and if it’s going to actually make you feel better or do any good to get you where you want to be.
5. Purge your wardrobe (maybe have a bunch of friends over to give things away, have a yard sale, or even sell them online!)
6. Get a hair cut, even if it’s just a trim.
7. Eliminate waste (try to use less physically, but also stop spending time on things and people that don’t make you feel good after)
8. Make an active attempt to find beauty in imperfections (draw on your stretch marks with glitter glue, turn a chip in the sidewalk into a chalk drawing, make a list of the reasons why someone’s personality trait you find annoying is actually really endearing).
9. Listen to your gut instincts … and also, treat your guts extra well! This is a great time for digestive health, specifically.
10. Listen to my Uncustomary Bad Ass Women playlist
11. When you get something you want, instead of crossing it off your to do list, re-write it separately as a present-tense affirmation.
12. Try a more raw/plant-based diet for 24 hours or more and see how you feel.
13. Set up spam filters, separate inboxes, and generally clean out your inbox
14. Be inspired by GirlBosses (Watch “GirlBoss” on Netflix, or read books like #Girlboss, Boss Bitch, You Are A Bad Ass At Making Money, and Leave Your Mark)
15. Create a Magical Morning Ritual.
16. Put The Hermit card up on your altar and be inspired by lessons from this card (maybe it’s time to retreat a little from social engagements and focus more on your self and your goals?).
17. Mix flowers (like Hibiscus) into your drinking water (and drink a lot of it!)
18. Raise your standards/bottom line for what is acceptable in your life and hold the people you keep in your life accountable to that new standard.
19. Take a test online to see what your current Carbon Footprint is and make steps to decrease it.
20. Get Word Of The Day toilet paper (or just try to learn a new definition every day).
21. Make a doctor’s appointment for something you haven’t dealt with in a while (dentist, optometrist, general primary care, etc.)
22. Dive into creating something (arts and crafts in some scenario is ideal).
23. Spend time in nature, connecting to the Earth (Earth sign!), whether it’s in water, the forest, the sand, the mountains, or wherever. (Bonus points if you’re barefoot.)
24. Do something that will later allow you to earn money from it as a side hustle (Etsy shop? Blog? YouTube? Check out this list of ways to make extra money) and/or pitch yourself for that promotion at work.
25. Take account of your finances and actually start budgeting (are you somehow actually spending $30 a month on gum? It’s possible…)
PS – I made a Virgo Season inspired Pinterest Board (100+ pins), but it’s secret and only available to my membership group, the Uncustomary Babes. If you want access, join the group!
Are you a Virgo? How will you celebrate Virgo season?
Photo: Maura Housley