25 Ways To Celebrate Taurus Season
We are moving from get-it-done Aries Season to the more slow, deliberate, delicious Taurus Season. Aries can be kind of a ball-buster with going really hard and working through a lot of intense anger and frustrations, so this can be a nice change of pace to be more mindful and appreciate what’s going on around us.
Remember: even if you’re shy to astrology, I think this monthly checklist series, a bucket list of sorts, can be helpful to get you to focus on different areas of your life and maintain that balance year-round. And hey– if magical cosmos are in your favor and helping you along the way, who are you to complain?
Taurus is an earth sign ruled by Venus. So we’re talking about being grounded and appreciating beauty like crazy! Tauruses are usually reliable, generous, patient, determined, and enjoy experiencing the senses. They can be self-indulgent, which can be great, but it sometimes can get a little out of control and lead to being materialistic and possessive. They’ve also definitely been known to be stubborn!
Some famous Tauruses are Audrey Hepburn and Wes Anderson. I only have one area of my Natal chart in Taurus, which is Jupiter. This means that I attract good luck when I’m being the most generous, but have the tendency to be over-indulgent and impulsive. I’ve had a lot of negative experiences with undeveloped Taurus men (well Taurus/Aries cusps, specifically), and that’s led me to have weird mental associations with Taurus in my head about what Taurus is and can be. But the same way I approached Aries last month, I’m looking at what Taurus can be, not what I think it has to be because of past experiences. I’m actually even more excited about Taurus than Aries, and the opportunity to get decadent.
Taurus Season is the perfect time to slow down and appreciate the world around you, especially the outdoors. It’s time to be mindful and really acknowledge and experience each of your physical senses with grace. It’s an opportunity to treat yourself, but to also practice patience and being more reliable in your life. There are a ton of things you can do to celebrate Aries Season, but let’s take a look at the 25 ways I came up with for you to start with!
25 Ways To Celebrate Taurus Season
1. Practice being mindful of your senses. Be almost sensual with the way you experience touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound. Try keeping a list five different days these next four weeks, one for each sense, and write down all the things you hear one day, all the things you smell another day, etc. Take time to take in each stimulus you’re experiencing. Breathe through it. Close you’re eyes. Let it linger.
2. Spend time in nature in meditative ways. Do a walking meditation, do some gardening, lay out in the forest (Forest Bathing), or go Earthing (putting your bare feet directly on the ground). Try including a Green Moss Agate crystal into your nature practices (you can even bury it in your gardening).
3. Do your best to not rush. Leave early so you’re not doing your make-up or texting in the car. Wake up 10 minutes earlier, plan your outfits and meals the night before. Take time to enjoy your commute, and rest as you arrive instead of getting there covered in sweat and stress.
4. Start a collection or pay attention to an existing one. Venus loves keepsakes and collections, so think about what you adore in life and consider a way you could tangibly represent that and care for it in your space. If you’ve neglected a collection, maybe take some time to literally dust it off and add to it, or look for an event that revolves around it.
5. Treat yourself to some comfortable clothing to wear around the house. Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can’t look and feel beautiful and comfy! Swap out those stained, ripped, stretched out pajamas you wear after work for some new lounge wear in a super soft material, or even silk!
6. Go to a Farmer’s Market to collect fresh, delicious, nutritious ingredients that you can use to cook meals for yourself and anyone who lives with you or you feel like feeding. Remember to savor those bites! You can even break out the fancy dishes and actually sit down at the table. (Tips for Mindful Eating)
7. Speaking of cooking, try cooking with Copperware. Copper is ruled by Venus, so for the next month you can try using this type of metal to cook your meals in. (Or incorporating Copper into your decor!)
8. Do a spa day, even if it’s at home. Try getting really earthy with it, and check out a mud mask for your face or even different parts of your body. You can always throw in bubble baths, pedicures, exfoliating scrubs, hair masks, etc.
9. Taurus rules the throat, so it’s important to use those vocal muscles this month! Humming is good for decreasing stress, believe it or not. And singing in the shower is just plain fun! You can also sing in the car with the windows down or sign up for karaoke. Try singing yourself a lullaby before you go to sleep. And definitely don’t forget to speak your truth. You can also soothe your throat with a small orange fruit called Loquat!
10. Speaking of the throat, Taurus also rules the external neck, so it’s important to protect it! Consider getting a fancy scarf to wrap around your neck (what about silk or cashmere?!). If it’s cold where you are, wear a warmer knit scarf around your throat.
11. Tauruses are naturally great with their sense of smell. They can sniff out things with greater sensitivity, so this is a great time to surround yourself with delicious smelling things, and also be aware of the powers of different types of senses. For example, cinnamon can make you feel warm, vanilla oil can help you relax, lemon can be invigorating, etc.
12. Make yourself a treasure chest. Go through your keepsakes and momentos and decide what you want to keep. Feel free to get a little nostalgic and walk down memory lane. But focus on making a beautiful place to store these important memories that have helped form you into who you are today. Great DIY project!
13. Add soundtracks to your life! Spotify exists for a reason, and you can make playlists for every mood and occasion! Try making one for cleaning, for working, for relaxing, for dancing, for background music, for sexy time, etc. That way the work is already done for you and you can just press play and get in the mood for whatever you’re about to do! You can also search for pre-existing playlists by keyword on Spotify and follow those playlists. I find so much good music that way. There’s no reason to not have music playing if you have the ability to appreciate it!
14. Really spend time making your home a place that feels beautiful. Focus on art and aesthetics in a way you haven’t before. Bring in earthly elements, and maybe for the time being think about pastels or brighter colors for springtime/Taurus Season (especially pink). Especially focus on the ground floor if you have one (the one that’s closest to the earth).
15. Try organizing things in by color! I know this isn’t for everyone, but it might be fun to switch it up. It’s not always easy to figure out where things are if you’re used to things being organized by alphabetical order, but I always figure out where the book I need is on my rainbow book shelf. You can try it with books, DVDs, spices, your food, craft supplies, whatever!
16. Make your chores more enjoyable not just with a playlist, but a plush cleaning material called a Chamois Cloth. It will feel super good under your fingers and make things a little more enjoyable since you’re definitely going to be working on making your home a beautiful place and being dependable with your responsibilities!
17. Treat your sweet tooth and say yes to comfort foods. It’s okay! Try dark chocolate, a classic dish from your childhood, and rich decadent flavors like butterscotch. What about drinks? You could try ice cold lemonade or a fancy dessert wine!
18. Play around with nose rings! No, you don’t actually have to get your nose or septum pierced if you don’t already have it done, but there are tons of clip on ones that you can wear and it can completely transform your look the same way a wig can! They’re cheap, you can get them on Amazon or kiosks in the mall. Channel that bull septum energy!
19. Up your seating game. I don’t know about you, but I dislike sitting. I’d rather be standing, moving around, or laying down. Sitting down is annoying to me and I get uncomfortable easily. I have a very expensive office chair that’s literally made out of Serta mattress material and I still get uncomfortable after sitting for a while. If you’re sitting on a hard chair that hurts your butt, back, neck, etc. it’s time to treat yourself to something that’s not only going to feel good, but not hurt your body! Whether that’s at home, the office, or both! This can apply to your living room or outdoor deck, too! How can you make things cushier? Maybe just a seating pad for now, but make it more comfortable!
20. Get a dog, spend more time with your dog, or go to dog events. What about a bull dog? Pun intended for Taurus. Speaking of which, I literally just attended a Bull Dog Event. We were almost the only people there without dogs, but if you just search by breed of dog in Facebook Events, you will be surprised at all the meet-ups of dogs you can go to for free. Spending time with dogs is refreshing no matter what, but if you’re able to actually have a dog it reinforces that dependability and responsibility because of the scheduling and how much the dog relies on you for food, walks, bathroom breaks, etc.
21. Promote abundance with crystals like Aventurine, Malachite, Citrine, and Emeralds. (50 Tips For Abundance)
22. Go slower. Just move slower, more deliberately. Give yourself time, literally, but also time to make decisions, time for self-care, time for your passions, time for what you need. Try going on a walk and moving twice as slow as feels natural to you. Going slower on purpose feels difficult at first but it works on increasing our patience.
23. Explore your sensuality. Really think about intimacy and sensuality, even as they are separate from sexuality for you. What makes you feel sensual versus sexual? How do they overlap? How can you tap into your sensuality on a daily basis? In what ways are you a sensual being, and how can you raise those vibrations?
24. Practice your ability to compromise. Tauruses can be stubborn, and there’s nothing wrong with sticking to your morals, values, and speaking your truth, but sometimes when we step back from a situation we realize the best thing to do is to compromise in the long-term.
25. Plant and/or hug a tree. Arbor Day happens during Taurus Season, so it’s the perfect time to be a literal tree hugger, or to plant a tree that a generation after you can hug later.
PS – I made a Pinterest board for the Uncustomary Babes with 100+ pins based on specific Taurus inspiration. To gain access to that and tons of other resources that come out daily, click here to sign-up and become a member!
PPS – Want to capitalize on the woo? Sign up for my totally free e-course on Magic!
How will you celebrate Taurus season?
Photos: Maura Housley