25 Ways To Celebrate Scorpio Season
We’re coming out of a very balanced, romantic, harmonious Libra Season and coming into a a deep, dark, mysterious, sexy Scorpio Season! Just in time for Halloween, no doubt. Are you ready?
Remember: even if you’re shy to astrology, I think this monthly checklist series, a bucket list of sorts, can be helpful to get you to focus on different areas of your life and maintain that balance year-round. And hey– if magical cosmos are in your favor and helping you along the way, who are you to complain?
Scorpio is a water sign ruled by Mars and Pluto. Scorpios are usually the most misunderstood of the bunch. They have a dark side and they aren’t afraid to show it. They’re incredibly passionate, not afraid, and authentic as possible. They’re oozing with sexyness, extremely loyal, passionate, curious, and are super in touch with their emotions. They can also show sides of being jealous, secretive, resentful, and vengeful.
Some famous Scorpios are Ryan Reynolds and Megan Mullally. Makes sense, right? I only have Scorpio in one place in my chart, like many people my age, which is in Pluto. Pluto is the planet of sex, death, and transformation, and Scorpio is all about those themes. Pluto thrives in Scorpio. It loves it. My generation grew up in a different place than our parents. It wasn’t Leave It To Beaver and the depiction of the classic “normal” family, even if that wasn’t what was happening. There were tons of divorces, and the media was actually starting to be taken over by things that embraced “weirdos”. I literally just watched “The Craft”. That came out while Pluto was in Scorpio. “We are the weirdos, mister.” Yep. Lots of us were emo, grunge, depressed, and dealing with a ton of shit that our parents didn’t understand or care to. We grew up with a lot of tragic things that have formed and shaped us into our adults. Honestly, a lot of the people I identify with the most are people who went through a ton of shit and came out the other side, but that is Pluto in Scorpio. If you were born between like 1983 and 1995 you probably also have Pluto in Scorpio, but you can check your chart online for free.
Scorpio season is a time to dive deep into the shadows; to explore sex, death, war, mystery, and all things taboo. To get a little obsessive if you want, and go to extremes in a healthy way. It’s a time to capitalize on abundance, especially financially. It’s great for transforming yourself and your life in all sorts of ways. Scorpio actually has three symbols (the scorpion, the eagle, and the phoenix). Physically, it rules the colon and urinary tract as well as your reproductive organs. There are a ton of things you can do to celebrate Scorpio season, but let’s take a look at the 25 ways I came up with for you to start with!
25 Ways To Make The Most Of Scorpio Season
1. Focus on abundance – Make a list of ways you’re already abundant, not just financially but physically, mentally, emotionally, professionally, and uniquely.
2. Showcase your shadow self – Have a photoshoot to showcase your darker, alter ego. Who’s your shadow self that doesn’t get to come out to play as often?
3. Plan your funeral/epitaph – Plan out your ideal celebration of your life (for your funeral) and/or write your epitaph.
4. Share a secret – Tell a secret you’ve been keeping to finally get it off your chest and/or let your guard down around someone you trust.
5. Be charitable – Raise/donate money to a charity you believe in.
6. Get sexual – Tap deeper into your sexuality. Take a tantric sex class, buy a new sex toy, try new positions, read books about sexuality, take a pole dancing class, buy new lingerie, make a list of your sexual fantasies, journal about your relationship to monogamy/polyamory!
7. Allow yourself to transform – Surround yourself with symbols of transformation and rebirth, like butterflies and phoenixes. And educate yourself about the process of their metamorphosis!
8. Be mysterious – Take a break from social media and cultivate a feeling of intrigue among your friends and followers. Fear of missing out? More like a mystery for them to figure out because you’re out living your life in real time.
9. Explore death deeper – Spend time in cemeteries, have a seance to contact a dead relative, visit a museum about war. Think about your feelings/fears/connections to death.
10. Rise about jealousy – Be super aware of jealousy and manipulative behavior during this time. Do your best to rise above all that bullshit and act with compassion to others (ahem, no ultimatums either!), and if you find the Green Eyed Monster coming out to play, look at it as a call to action that you need that thing in your life, not that you need to be jealous of that person who already has it. Now make a plan on how you can get it!
11. Keep making goals – Create concrete “SMART” financial goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound)
12. Explore past lives – Do a past life regression session to learn about your past lives, and possibly how you’ve died before. Journal about your feelings that come up with this new information.
13. Do some spying – Tap into your inner sleuth and do some good old fashion spying. Channel Harriet The Spy for inspiration. Also, research famous spies and read mystery books.
14. Be honest – Be blunt with your advice and feelings.
15. Get kinky – Explore the kinkier side of sex. Take a rope bondage class, read up on BDSM, make a FetLife profile and explore different fetishes you might be interested in (then try them out).
16. Open up about your fears – Write down all your fears. If you dare, explore one or more of them in a safe space.
17. Practice abundance thinking – Write down and start repeating some prosperity/abundance affirmations.
18. Get obsessive – Embrace being obsessive for a bit, it’s okay. Dive deep into your passions and allow yourself to become completely engulfed.
19. Watch your temper – You might be more likely to snap while emotions are rising to the surface, but that doesn’t mean you should ideally take it out on other people.
20. Detox – There might be something you want to cleanse yourself of. Alcohol, substances, social media, clutter, people? Pick your poison.
21. Explore the taboo – Investigate something that feels a little woo-woo/paranormal/taboo/weird, but you have a nagging interest in.
22. Fix what’s broken – Mend something you were going to give up on/get rid of and instead give it a new life by transforming it.
23. Exfoliate – There’s new skin underneath waiting to come out and shine.
24. Get esoteric – See a psychic, get your Tarot cards read, and/or have a palm reading.
25. Hydrate – Water, water, water. Drink up, babes!
PS – I made a Pinterest board for the Uncustomary Babes with 100+ pins based on specific Scorpio inspiration, a Scorpio Season meditation, and Scorpio Season affirmations, but they’re secret and only available to my membership group, the Uncustomary Babes click here to sign-up and become a member!
PPS – Want to capitalize on the woo/Halloween season? Sign up for my totally free e-course on Magic!
How will you celebrate Scorpio season?
Photos: Maura Housley