25 Ways To Celebrate Aries Season
So we’re getting out of Pisces Season and moving into Aries! I think a lot of us are kind of relieved! Pisces can be really intense with emotions and sometimes a month can just feel like too much to be totally engulfed in it, and now we’re ready to get shit done and that’s where Aries comes in!
Remember: even if you’re shy to astrology, I think this monthly checklist series, a bucket list of sorts, can be helpful to get you to focus on different areas of your life and maintain that balance year-round. And hey– if magical cosmos are in your favor and helping you along the way, who are you to complain?
Aries is a fire sign ruled by Mars. So already like, damn. Aries are usually confident, courageous, adventurous, energetic, and all about making things happen. They’re passionate, spontaneous, and driven. They’re also definitely not afraid of confrontation! They can be stubborn, arrogant, selfish, and let their ego run the show. Aries is the god(dess) of war, so it all makes sense!
Some famous Aries are Lady Gaga and Robert Downey Jr. I personally have no Aries in my entire chart, and it’s the hardest of the zodiac for me to identify with. That said, I have dated many Aries men (also a lot of Aries/Taurus cusps!). I tend to think of Aries as a very masculine sign/energy, but it manifests in so many different ways, and it was the sign that took the longest for me to personally identify with. I only have one placement in my entire chart in Aries, which is in my 12th house, which is the area of the subconscious, mystery, and secrets. By me having Aries in my 12th house, I’m likely to struggle with creating boundaries and feel like people take my energy easily. I’m likely to be highly intuitive, empathic, and sensitive. I don’t get shaken easily, but when I do get angry I go in all the way. (All very accurate.)
Aries season is the perfect time to get physical, take a stand for yourself, go after your dreams, work on your confidence, and channel your anger as a tool. Now is the time to really tap deep into your “Why” of your passion and drive. There are a ton of things you can do to celebrate Aries Season, but let’s take a look at the 25 ways I came up with for you to start with!
PS – Keep in mind that if you join the Uncustomary Babes, you have access to an Aries-themed Pinterest board with 100+ pins, an Aries-themed meditation, and 10 Aries-themed positive affirmations!
25 Ways To Make The Most Of Aries Season
1. Get physical – Get back into your body, work out, move around. Maybe even try a (fighting) sport? Or tap dancing? Up your metabolism!
2. Do a coal/fire walk – Breath, channel your inner-Pam, and go! (Make sure you’re around professionals for aftercare.)
3. Pamper your head/face – Aries rules the head, so get a head massage! Or buy yourself a self-massager meant to rub your head and/or scalp!
4. Channel your anger – Journal about things that piss you off, and figure out solutions to these issues. How can you proceed in life in a way that will communicate these feelings and lessen your anger? Remember anger is an active emotion and it can help propel you into direction!
5. Warrior Poses – Try doing some specific yoga Warrior Poses to get you into your warrior god(dess) vibe!
6. Channel your warrior god(dess) vibe – Take the warrior god(dess) vibe further and channel it with your outfit and accessories. Red is a powerful color, gold metal jewelry is good, make your own spear, smear warrior paint on your cheeks! Do a photoshoot!
7. Reexamine your Bucket List – Take a look at your list of goals and find the most “adventurous” item on there you’ve yet to cross off and make a plan to do it within the next month. Or at least schedule it!
8. Share your wins – Shine your success in the public light! That can mean sharing them with your friends, on social media, or wherever. (Check out some tips for sharing successes on my post about Imposter Syndrome.)
9. Embrace your inner child – Do some work with your inner child. Let them play! Aries is the first sign of the Zodiac, so it’s kind of the “baby”, and it needs room to sprawl out and revel in wonder. (Here are 25 ways to embrace your inner child.)
10. Sweat it out – Go to a sauna or steam room and sweat it out. Be sure to hydrate as much as you can before and after.
11. Punch it out – Get some of your anger out with punching! Go to a gym and use their punching bag, take a boxing class, etc. and really let your feelings take the form of your fists.
12. Build a fire – Have a bonfire and invite your friends over. Encourage everyone to write down something they want to release and put it into the fire and watch it burn.
13. Participate in a drum circle – Get some percussion going and bang on the bongos! Attend a drum circle, or host one around that same bonfire mentioned above.
14. Sit up straight – Work on having better posture. It will help your body pains, but also help you look and feel more confident!
15. Spice it up – Incorporate spices into your cooking and life. There are a ton of spices to think about, but to start with: garlic, basil, thyme, saffron, and rosemary. Nothing bland about Aries!
16. Compete – Sign up for some sort of competition! Competition can be healthy as long as you approach it with a positive mindset. It can be a one-on-one competition or something where you’re just trying to beat your best time, like a marathon or 5K.
17. Incorporate metal – Metal is one of the elements of Aries, so what if you started working with it more this month? Make art with it, get some iron cookware, fill metal photo frames with memories, etc.
18. Change it up – Do everything you can to get out of a rut! Aries don’t like repetitive patterns, so change things up as much as possible right now. (50 ways to change up your routine.)
19. In addition to doing Warrior Poses on your own, embrace the heat and take a hot yoga class. Again, remember to hydrate!
20. Make an idea journal – Use one of those journals you have stockpiles (or go journal shopping for a new one!) to start keeping all your incredible ideas in one spot! It will up your confidence to see all your innovative intelligence in one spot, and make it easier for you to carry out the ideas.
21. Learn more about Mars – We know more about Mars than we ever have before, so it might be time to do some research, especially since Mars rules Aries. You can also look up when Mars is visible in the night sky and try to find it with your naked eye or telescope.
22. Adorn your skin – Get a book that teaches you how to work with Henna ink and start drawing on your skin! Host a Henna party or even pay a professional to come draw on your friends.
23. Clear up your face on the inside – Do your best to clear up any congestion you’r feeling in your head. Maybe try out a Neti Pot! They can be scary, but it might just clear up your head the way you need it to.
24. Take a trip – Even if it’s a day road trip, just to get out and roll the windows down, turn the music up, and explore somewhere new. Fire needs travel.
25. Surround yourself with Aries themed things – Eat red foods. Surround yourself with red and orange colors, triangles and arrows, red flowers (like Geraniums) and metal. Smell energizing scents like Peppermint. Put Carnelian, Bloodstone, and Pyrite on your altar.
PS – I made an Aries Season inspired Pinterest Board (100+ pins), an Aries Season meditation, and Aries Season affirmations, but they’re secret and only available to my membership group, the Uncustomary Babes. If you want access, join the group!
PPS – Want to capitalize on the woo? Sign up for my totally free e-course on Magic!
How will you celebrate Aries season?
Photos: Maura Housley